Saturday, June 17, 2006

On a boring Saturday morning....

I get up from bed. Its 10 o clock in the morning. My eyes are still drooping back ... i had slept late yesterday for reasons unknown even to me. But I dont want to sleep anymore. Thot i would make a few calls back home to India before folks over thr go to Bed. It should have been a very normal saturday for them too. I see a novel lying on my table. A stupid horror-Fiction would be the last thing i wud read on a weekend.
I walk slowly to the hall. Switch on the TV for some psyco Kevin Bacon movie. Why did he always have to do movies like that??? But i still watch it till the very end, may be i was too lazy to change the channel... I suddenly remember I still haven't made any calls to India... but now i guess its late ...its shud be around 11 pm back there . Mom and Dad sleep early...but its never too late to call a few friends. So i start dialing few college buddies and keep talking for like an hour. We talk all the usual stuff...Friends, Girls, Fun, Booze and occasionally abt work(pretty weird today) ...
Its 2:30 pm, its a beautiful afternoon. I haven't bothered to brush my teeth. All i want now is to have a good meal ... "Have a Good Meal"??? I guess that phrase had lost all its meaning during the first week of February 2006 when I left home to work in the States. Reluctantly, I get up from the couch and walk back to the bathroom to clean my physical self in a hot shower... I feel a lot better after it.
I'm almost starving now. I eat half a water melon before i hog 3 Onion kulchas.
I'm kinda sleepy but i sit down to watch another movie.This time its the usual american comedy... I hear somebody calling my name from the kitchen. Its Mom. She wants me to take her out for shopping in the evening. Which means I will have to miss the cricket match this evening with my Friends.... May be I can meet up with them for dinner if I finish off the shopping soon... "Jithin, I want u to pay attention while i'm in class. Or you may choose to leave" screams my professor, in her squeaky voice. I pay her my fake attention and continue with my work as she turns away to the rest of the class... I turn on my Laptop to find the mail from my Client. This can mean only one thing. I have to work over the weekend to deliver something the next week...FU$#%#$%....My weekend is ruined even before it started.... 'Jithin...Jithin...' someone seem to be calling my name from a distance.... 'Bugger... There's a call for you' .
Now the voice seems to be coming from the same room. I wake up. The TV shows the CAST of the movie I was watching few hours ago. It is my roomie in charlotte who woke me up.
He had a phone in his out-streched hand. Its 7:30 pm already, and one of my friend in the neighbourhood has been calling me for the 5th time. I call him J Walker. I know what Walker wants even before i speak to him. Its Saturday Night, and that could mean only one thing in our rather mundane lives. Liquor. I tell him i'll come over to his place in fifteen minutes. I take my bottle of whiskey and set off walking...
What happens after that is pretty much predictable;. I dont remember when i came back home...Could have been 2 or 3 in the morning. I go straight to Bed..... This saturday has gone by...Its been a boring Satuday.... Ironically, I'm looking forward to the next one.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gokul Padoor said...

Jitin, I was teleported into my bachelor days, man this is kinda fun when u think from a future date. But too much of vaccuum is also not good, pick some activities u will like, may be outdoor activities since u IT guys are anyway forced inside for work. Enjoy life....

12:37 AM  
Blogger Robbie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

so different from my saturdays that i had blogged bot .. :P .. gud one .. happy blogging ..
P.S: way back (2 yrs to b exact), me got my admission for the univ of n.carolina , charlotte .. i nver joined but when i saw ur location, was reminded of it .. :))

9:44 PM  
Blogger Arun Loitongbam said...

for once u seem to make a little sense wid ur words ... lolzz

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home